There are many ways to express your passion for soccer. Why not try doing it through refereeing?
Refereeing is a fantastic part-time job and we can ensure all of your games are in the local community. The minimum age to start refereeing is 13. If you are interested, but don't know where to start - email us! We will guide you through the Referee Course, get you all the materials/uniform you need and then coordinate your game assignments for the season.
If you are interested in becoming a referee for our house league divisions, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on refereeing in Ontario, please checkout the Ontario Soccer resources page by clicking here.
The North York Soccer Association will be holding 3 referee courses in April/May.
Instructions to register for a referee course:
- Log into www.refcentre.com/ontario
- Click on "Search by District" (centre box)
- From the drop down menu select North York
- A list will show the courses available
- Select the desired one and click "Register"
- Use provided code and fill out all the required information
- Once registered, you need to make arrangements to make a payment for the course:
- Over the phone with a credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express)
- In person with a credit/debit card, in both cases, during business hours: Tuesdays and Fridays from 9:00am to 12:00pm, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:00pm to 6:00pm
- By Interac e-mail transfer to this email: email@example.com
- Once payment is received your application will be approved and you will be able to do the pre-course requirements. To register for these courses, please visitwww.refcentre.com/ontario then select "Search by District" and select "North York".
*To become a referee and take the Entry Level course, you must be 13 years of age or older, as of April 1 of the current registration year.